57″ x 75″
We’re very excited to tell you that the Spring Forward Pattern is now available on our website!
We originally designed this quilt to use the greens from our Full Bloom line through Island Batik.
As you’ll see, it works with any pretty collection of fat quarters.
Spring Forward was a fun excuse for us to use these eight-pointed stars, as we’ve always wanted to include them in one of our patterns. We’ve always loved the look of them, and it was especially fun to include different sizes in one pattern.
Why we love this quilt:
1. The quilt center can be made entirely with fat quarters.
2. All of the block sizes are multiples of three, so the exact layout of the quilt is open to interpretation.
3. We get to play with Deb Tucker’s V Block ruler.
The V Block ruler created by Deb Tucker at Studio 180 Design. Makes stars with perfect points.
- Unit sizes available on tool – 11 options from 1” finished units to 6” finished units; in half inch increments
- Stars from 3″ to 18″ finished
- Step by step illustrated instructions
- Illustrated instructions for left hand cutting and trimming
- Fine lines for higher accuracy
It is a brilliant tool, and it’s one we use frequently.
Our pattern includes directions for 3″, 6″, 9″ and 12″ stars.
The squares that make up the background are all 3″ so everything fits together beautifully.
We’re so happy to share this beautiful star quilt with you.
Mary & Barbara